My Eyebrows || Benefit Brow Bar and Anastasia Beverly Hills

04:00

Starting this off on a humorous note, this is what the guitar player of The Strypes thinks of my eyebrows.


But aside from him, I do get asked on my eyebrows a lot, between where I get them done, what I get done and what I use in them so I suppose this post will be beneficial (ha) to some of y'all. Truth be told, I was about 15 before I ever touched my eyebrows, didn't wax or even pluck them before that and that's what I owe my pretty decent natural brow to. When I did start getting them waxed Ialways went to the same person until one time I went elsewhere and I had an absolute disaster wax that resulted in these bad boys (excuse how chub my face once was, actually, just excuse 2011 me for existing).
Since then, I probably only had my brows waxed twice a year up until late last year, Insert Benefit's Brow Bar into my life.

From Benefit Brow Bar I get the Brow Arch and Tint which is €27 (you save money getting both!). The Brow Arch is Benefit terms for a wax. I go to the one in Debenhams in Blanchardstown (there's also one in Benefit on South William Street, Debenhams on Henry Street, Waterford, Mahon Point, Cork and Limerick. House of Fraser in Dundrum and in Arnotts), and you can usually walk in and get an appointment within the hour/two hours. I get this done every two months and I've had different girls from Benefit do them over the time I've been going there and they all do an incredible job. I'm always so happy with my eyebrows when I leave that I don't think I could possibly go anywhere else. I had mine most recently done last weekend, I hadn't had them done in 9 weeks and as you can see from the before picture, the tint actually lasted really well (I cant find any pre-tint pictures of my natural brows, soz). 
Now, as for what I use in my eyebrows, this is probably no surprise but yeah, you guessed it, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Dark Brown (Beauty Bay - €17.90). I first bought this back in February when I started my job in McDonald's because I'd heard so much about it and I was not prepared to go to work and have my powder filled eyebrows melt away, so this was perfect. I'm still using that same tub of dipbrow that I bought way back in February and its just about running out now so I'll be ordering another soon. I've heard good things about Illamasqua's Brow Cake though and I'm considering getting myself one of those to experiment with too, but I won't be replacing ol' reliable ABH anytime soon. With it I use the Beauty Bay branded angled liner brush, which, admittedly, is pretty shite but it works. Going to pick up a Zoeva Brow Line Brush (Beauty Bay - €8.30) with my next order of dipbrow since I've heard good things about Zoeva as a brand and this brush in particular. Dipbrow takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you've been using eyebrow pencils beforehand, but its a cult favourite, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't trust any MUA who says her favourite brow product isn't by Anastasia Beverly Hills. Amen.

For a list of Benefit Brow Bar contact details in Ireland click - HERE

Go like my new Facebook page where you can enter to win a bunch of nice things from Benefit by clicking - HERE

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dip Brow has been on my wishlist for forever - sounds like a great products. I've heard good things about the Benefit brow bar too, but personally I've always had fantastic results from just getting mine threaded at small Indian salons around where I live (I figure it makes sense as these women have had the skill passed down over lots of generations!)

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mam gets hers threaded by Indian women but her eyebrows are so different to mine and I don't know how I feel about the pain of threading! I have super sensitive skin on my face so I like getting the wax done and over since it's super quick! Dipbrow is excellent though, it lasts so long and is well worth the investment :)

      Delete
  3. Just want to say thank you to Anna at Benefit / Blanchardstown for an amazing job!
    I keep getting compliments on my brows, which is great. Even without make up I still look well due to my brows and I am very happy about that! I am very pleased with the service and would highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews