November Haul and Mini-Review

04:00

I spent a sinful amount of money on make up the last week so I feel as if it was worth sharing and doing a lil review of all the stuff I got! There's a mixture of stuff that I bought at home, in duty free and while I was in Manchester but there's so much good in here (heart eye emojis all round). Treat yo' self is always a valid excuse for buying all this anyway!

Highlights

Left: Revolution Cosmetics Vivid Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights- Superdrug £3
Right: Essence Merry Berry Highlighter in I Love My Golden Pumps - Pharmacies/Penneys €4.09

Highlighting my face has been becoming somewhat of a mild obsession for me lately (thanks, Jamie Genevive) and I have no idea how its only taking off as a trend now because its amaaaaazing. I've been using my Seventeen Shimmer Brick to highlight and I wanted to try some new thangs. I'd heard about the Revolution highlighter and I grabbed the last one left in Superdrug and I loooove it. It's so pigmented and it's definitely my favourite of the two. I spotted the Essence one in an instagram post by Dani (http://www.theglamournazi.com/) and I knew I needed it. Such a nice bronzey gold shimmer and so pigmented that I'm sad it's only limited edition. So happy with both these purchases though, you can catch me glittering from miles away now for the near future.

Lips

Left: MAC Magic of the Night (Holiday collection) in Please Me (Matte) - €18.30 - Dublin Airport
Right: MAC Blankety (Amplified) - €17 - Dublin Airport

I have a general rule for myself that I can only buy lipstick when I'm in the airport and obviously this rule gets broken a lot but I feel like waiting to get these two colours was so worth it. Starting with Please Me, Please Me is part of MACs permanent lipstick line but the holiday packaging was too pretty to resist. I've wanted a pink nude for so so long and every time I've gone to buy one, I've come home with a more nude nude colour or a really vibrant pink colour but Please Me is exactly what I needed, MACs matte formula is hands down my favourite on the market so there's no going wrong here. But, where do I start with Blankety? This is literally my new favourite lipstick and I never want to wear anything else. The colour is really similar to Velvet Teddy but the amplified finish is flawless. I've been wearing this so much with Stone liner (picture below) and its just perfect. Blankety is definitely a new staple in my collection. Everyone go get it.


Palettes

Top: Urban Decay Urban Spectrum Palette - €42 Debenhams Exclusive
Bottom: Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette - €49 Debenhams

I'm so excited about both of these you have no idea. These are both from Urban Decay's 2015 Holiday collection and the first thing I noticed about these palettes was how pigmented and buttery the shadows were, The most recent UD palette I had owned before these two was the Naked 1 palette and the shift in quality was immense. Vice 4 comes with 20 brand new shadows including plenty of duochrome colours which makes me so so happy. UD do duochrome like no other and as for the packaging of this palette - it gives me life. It also comes in a little pouch which was a nice added touch and the brush included was really nice. As for Urban Spectrum, I just couldn't resist. The girl at the UD counter had such a fab purple eye look from this palette that I had to have it. There's a mix of new shadows, some from Urban Decay's current collection and some favourites from past palettes like the Vice palettes and Book of Shadows from way back when. I'll be doing a lookbook-esque post on both of these palettes within the next couple of weeks when I've had the chance to play around with them some more. I used the Vice palette in the picture just above too!
Vice 4 Temptalia Swatches: http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-vice-4-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches
Urban Spectrum Temptalia Swatches: http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-urban-spectrum-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

I'll have lots of new posts using these products up very soon, been way too long since I've done a tutorial-style post so until then!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The vice palette looks gorgeous! I did a review of some great highlighters. Check it out
    Amina xx | www.AliandHer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews